Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rememberance, the who I was a year ago.

I wrote some of my best poetry when I was angry, and at the moment I feel the heat at my neck, and that bitter taste at the back of my throat. I haven't felt like that in a very long time. I haven't felt the anger swell for a long time. I'm savouring it for a moment. Before I let it go. So instead of letting anger wash over me like before I've decided to put back in its place. And so I went through my post archives for a suitable poem. I didn't want the anger to fuel anymore poetry, not a wise thing.

So I found this...

Deep and Directed Unadultrated Hatred

My soul is engulfed in rage,
My blood pulses in my temples,
My anger rise to the surface,
My hatred I embrace,

Joy and sadness,
Apprehension and expectation, at its return fills me,
Too long have we been separated,
The sudden sense of familiarity,

The pain of heartache long buried returns,
The life I lead returns to haunt me,
The mask I've long held falls to pieces,
Stare upon death itself I do,

Now I feel the cold emptiness return,
My life as it is today,
My life as it has been today,
I am alone, my hatred, my only warmth.

That was me a year ago.

To you oh saddened one, joy has sprung forth;
Sadness no longer clouds your day,
The bright sun has pierced its dark vale,
And a spring of joy, your hearts desire to assuage,

To you oh pained one, healed are your wounds;
The place where your heart did break,
With joy, for its own sake,
Through kindness and love a mending did make,

To you oh angered one, peace you have found;
The rage that once burnt in your veins,
A shadow of the past, no more pain,
Once a mighty torrent, no longer remains,

To you oh restless one, slumber you have gained ;
Saddened and pained to the tempest you raged;
Your soul, peace has found,
This is who I am today

In Christ

Tristan D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home