Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Good I think...

I can't decide if I've been having a bad couple of days or a good couple of days... I think mostly good...

Tell me what you think, it begins with a friday,

Friday 5.30pm,

Computer terminates itself, then on restart no display, no windows logon just a blank screen.
I try repairing and find a bent pin. A short circuit has occured and is beyond my expertise.
I'm sad, my assignment is on my hard drive. Due date is wednesday.

Friday 9.00pm

Nothing to do so I head to a CC, play for awhile, spend $$$ and come home to my room, good thing was the mama cat was around and well I got welcomed by her. Always makes me smile.

Saturday 12.30pm

Aunty picks me up so I can take my damaged pc for repair.
We get to hang out, have lunch together and chat. Very nice. Got BK for lunch.
First headed to 1U cause she needed to pick up some stuff. Then to low yat.

Saturday 3.30 pm

STUCK IN A JAM for over an hour, finally we reach low yat.
Carried my heavy pc to the shop, the guy tells me to go upstairs.
There was a moment when I seriously thought of tossing the casing at his smilling face.

Saturday 4.50pm

After depositing my pc and being told it will take 3 weeks to be repaired, my aunt and I depart low yat for home, I have a church function to attend at 7,30pm (or so I thought)

Saturday 6.00pm

I reach my aunt's home, she looks exhausted, she wasn't feeling well, I wish I could have done something about that, I hope that I didn't agrivate her illness with all the running around.
so I think I have an hour and a half to be ready. I relax. And iron my shirt. Relaxing!
at 7pm before heading for a shower I check the dinner ticket. DINNER starts at 7pm zOMG!!!
I run into the shower and have one of the quickest baths of my short life.

Saturday 7.30pm

I'm waiting for my aunt who also has a dinner to attend. She looks fabulous in her outfit. But i can still see how drained she is. Well we hop into the car, I am at the wheel. I get to my dinner at 8.00pm an hour late... This is all my fault.

Saturday 8.00pm

I walk in late and embarrased, they've started eating, I was wondering whether I had miss the message. Thank God I hadn't, but I still felt so malaysian. Anyway the pastor's wife asked me to sit at her table. The evenings conversation was good and after about 5-10mins I got up and had dinner.

Saturday 8.45

The message. It was brilliant. It was for non-christians and I think it touched some lives. BRILLIANT.

Saturday 11.00pm

I got to speak to the guys from Oxford again. Things got better. This time I spoke to Caroline, Bryony and Ben. That was brilliant. Speaking to them brought my spirits up.

Sunday 9.00am

I set out for church nothing much happened.

Sunday 10.30am

Got to church on time. SMACC is just brilliant. Pasror Andrew ROCKs!! LOL.. It's true though. I like him. He really made me feel welcomed. Accepted. Everyone at SMACC did... And I've commited myself to playing bass for them. And helping out in anyway that I can.

Sunday 1pm - 5pm

This sunday I spoke to Caroline a LOT!! She must have been glad to be rid of me by the end of the day. I found out a few things about her. She's Welsh, her degree is in Math and Philosphy(Can't be bothered to check if I spelt that right). Anyway, now Caroline is about 5' 4" and gorgeous and she's doing a degree that scares the pants off me... Seriously! It sounds hard... I think it's hard... and this girl is still sane... God is Good!! Brilliant, absolutely so... I loved speaking to her, joking with her, made my morning that's for sure!!.

Later I spoke to Ben. He's doing history as a degree. Sounds fun... I couldn't do history in school to save my life. So Ben I salute you. And does he have a sense of humour. I loved that brilliant sense of humour. Spoke to Greg for a bit not much though but still I liked him, there was Gordon who I didn't get a chance to speak to except in passing, but he's a brilliant fellow.
Michael, he tall very tall! Makes me look like a midget! He's doing Ancient Languages at Oxford, my dad would have liked him. I sure did!

There was Laura as well, she is the only one not originally from England. She's from Virginia. And I didn't speak to her much but the little bit that I did I enjoyed.

I met more people from the church at lunch, I met a lady and her husband. She's french and he's english :). Their children were brilliant. Elizabeth only 11 years old had the mind of an 18 year old. Gerard I didn't get to speak to much. But has an eye for architecture. And art.

After lunch a bunch of us went to la bodega for "tea" we ended up playing taboo.

Sunday 800pm

After the second service and more chatting we headed to dinner. Sat next to Caroline. I think her ears must have been burning with me jibber jabbering all night :)

She was feeling sad. It was their last night in Malaysia and the didn't want to go back. I didn't want them to leave, in the few hours I had been around them I grew so attached to them like I had known them forever. I was sad

Sunday 9.30pm

Nobody really wanted to go home, I know I didn't want them to go home. So there we were at McD's. I finally got to speak to Bryony, she'd been acting weird all day. Too many cups of coffee apparently, I thought she'd been avoiding me... the pesimist that I am... lol... though I didn't think it was true... :) just me being me. Anyway so I spent the remainder of the night talking to her and Ben and Michael and Sam (their leader) and talking to her and the rest of them just made it so much harder so say Goodbye. Caroline hugged me, so did Ben, in fact he tried to tackle me. Or at least that what it appeared to be at first. Said bye to them all. Bye to Bryony, Michael, Laura, Gordon, Ben, Greg, Caroline and Sam.

Sunday 11.00pm

The sadness sets in. 8 new friends all going back to England. I may never see them again. I'm just glad to have had bit of their time.

I still have all the wonderful people at SMACC, but it's never easy to let go of good people.

I'm gonna miss them all.

Christian Fellowship has its ups and downs

In Christ

Tristan D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home