Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Delusions & Distorted Truths

It's amazing how a human being can delude him/herself so much. The power of suggestion. Mind boggling. Sad to see as well. Like ants, drones slaves to a queen, in this case the queen is the delusion.

We delude ourselves mainly to escape the depravity of our actions. And we delude others, so that they may not see either, the blatant depravity that stands before them. We gravitate to like minded people and in doing so further strengthen our delusions.

We live in a world filled with pain and suffering, a world bereft of honour and integrity, where man has no interest in the good of his fellow man. Where lives are nothing more than pawns to be played with. Where a friend today, is an enemy tomorrow.

This is the world we have made. This our dystopia.

These are the lives we live, where repentance and forgiveness have no place, where regret falls on deaf ears, where hearts are hardened, so hard they can no longer see their undoing.

How does it benefit a man if he gains the world but loses his soul?
I've thought about it a lot.
This world and it's people are not worth the loss of my soul.
The rot in them is so deep, it is a wonder Lucifer has not proclaimed hell on earth.

The rot is in me too. I see it, I want to strike back at those who would hurt me. Uncaringly and unforgivingly. I wish to strike back without regret and without remorse, as savagely and as brutally as I know how. I would slaughter all who opposed me. The violence and capacity to act out is there in my mind and body.

But I won't do it, I have made my choice, and I lie in the bed I have made. I've ended my delusions.

I am in the world, but I am not of the world. So the bible says. It's a good thing that I have something to hold onto, something that will always remain true. Something that will never leave me. That is family, not just flesh and blood family, but christian family.

It is good to be with them, there is no condemnation. And no judgement. No duplicity. Only acceptance. It's sad that I've missed it for so long.

To my non christian friends, those of you who are left. You know who you are. Or at least I know who you are. I am not saying that you don't accept me, or that you judge me. Merely highlighting the fact that acceptance is easily found among other christians :)

My love for christian family has not changed my love for you.

Finally for the many deluded people of the world, I feel pity. You don't know what your missing.
I suppose as I used to say ignorance is blissful, until you fall into a pit. Then you realise you should have been watching where you're going.

In Christ

Tristan D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home