Wednesday, June 28, 2006

To a friend...

I haven't read my bible today... I've been putting it off... Things came up... EXCUSES...

Basically I woke up... had b'fast and started baking. Oh yeah I bake... lol... Made the fruit loaf, Had it for b'fast. Also I helped my mum make some apple tarts. And a ginger cake, all yummy stuff. After this post I'm going straight to the bible in the front hall.

This post is to a friend of mine... He's been going through a lot lately... but you know what? He's made me Very VERY!! Proud! What he's been going through is his business... not for me to divulge on the internet as some people so often do. People, who have no say in the matter, however choose to fuel the fire. However my post is not about them but my friend.

He's taken the high road; he's found freedom in the power of forgiveness. This is the turning point in his life. It brightens my heart that he would let me be apart of it. He's learning to shed his old nature and take on a new one. This event has become the foundation for him to weather the storms that life will throw at him.

And you know... what happened to him has helped me too... I've learnt what matters most to me through what has happened to him. I've learnt things. They're personal. They can't be explained in words, words don't have the power required to say what I've learnt.

Thank you, my friend.

Title: My February Friend.

In the month of February,
Where soon winter’s night gives into spring’s day,
Where melting snow is the precursor of budding flowers,
Where we celebrate the goodness of St. Valentine’s Day,

A child was born,
He grew up like many men forlorn,
Sad and alone,
Forgotten by those he’s known,

Now this boy I speak of, a better friend I could not ask for,
A path he’s paved, for his own sake,
Forgave, been forgiven, for salvation, the high road he’s taken,
I, a prouder friend could not be, to be his acquaintance,

Tristan – Out!

In Christ

Tristan D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home