Sunday, September 11, 2005

More of me... In pieces... Misery does not love company, she loves only me!

Me, Myself and I, are foes you see,
Chained together, never to be free,
With tooth and nail each day we fight,
Till the world in fullness sees our plight,

A torn mess we have become,
A fractured soul we have been made,
Despairs oh my soul for it was wrought in battle,
Upon the battlefront within my heart,

And here we are to be heard,
To be seen by the world
Aware not awake; breathing yet dead,
A statue of living stone from this hollow head,


Misery and I have had a long and truly trying relationship, we've know each other for years now. To say I know her well would be an understatement to say the least, she loves me deeply and her fondness for causing me to be miserable shows, she is my lover and friend without whom my life would have no strife, nor would it have meaning.
From the the strife and pain she causes I burn to become purer, like a diamond in a furnace. She has said with me through thick and thin never leaving me, never parting from my heart.
And though at times I wish her to go, in my heart I know without her I would become the man I never want to be. So thank you misery for loving me so...
Misery doesn't love company, she love me.

In Christ

Tristan D.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some very deep words. You seem to know who are and what you’re talking about. I like that. Suppose you’re lucky in that sense. A lot of us are still wondering about who we are…
You’re really talented. I guess it comes from a place that really understands things that so many of us have yet to grasp. If we see only the tip of the iceberg, then you’ve explored every inch of it.
You intrigue me a little (mind if I ask some questions?) Are you at your finest when you’re miserable? Is that it? Won’t be happy till you’re miserable? Whatever tickles your fancy, I guess.
My two cents worth (if you want it) is this; misery does not, in any way, love company. Probably something someone made up because they were lonely. But maybe, it doesn’t love you alone? Yes? Maybe it’s just a parasite we all carry around. Maybe some of us just keep picking at it, before it gets too big. While others just let it grow into a kind of gangrene infected limb which they don’t want to amputate. Well it’s just what I think, I’m not judging. If you need misery with you, to know who you are, then let it.
I don’t know, I think life’s too short to be carrying around a huge miserable chip on our shoulder. Not that there’s so much good in the world for us to be happy about. But, your apparent mutual symbiotic attachment with misery….well it worries me a little.
But it apparently makes you who you are, so I guess it’s suffice to say, don’t ever change. It would be better to have an original morose you then a fake someone who isn’t so…you.

Stay cool…

 
At 3:26 pm, Blogger Tristan D. said...

misery is a tool to better the person i am... it's also a product in a sense of my failure to learn from the person I am. It's in essence a double edge sword...

However when i say misery don't confuse it with me being miserable however think of it as mode that life has rather than a state of being. so misery in this sense is the memory of failure to act and failure to learn, which pushes the drive to be the better man that is buried beneath all efulence...

And I will change through misery but i will not become miserable... In this lies difference with the misery I hold in me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home