Friday, August 05, 2005

The Enemy Within These Halls.

There is an enemy within these halls,
There is an evil in my sanctuary’s walls,
There is no hiding this perversion,
There is no escaping this entity, for it is my mind & my heart,

In the shell of skin,
It is masked by smiles,
Beneath the surface it lies,
It waits for the light to die,

In the cage of bones,
It is shielded; it is safe,
It is not trapped,
It is home,

In the canals of blood,
It burns my soul,
From thought to emotion,
It turns me cold,

In the seat of life,
It plots; it schemes.
It feeds my lies,
It rules my life,

It breeds; it feeds,
The hatred I indulge,
The jealousy I allow,
Everything I abhor,

It is who I am,
It is what I have become,
And it could become you,
It is too late; It is already in you too.

In Christ

Tristan D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home