Friday, July 22, 2005

After a short break for no apparent reason...

Just getting settled into my 1st week at uni... life is pretty sweet at the moment... haha... not much is a miss... classes are interesting... and most importantly friendship repairing... and new one's are being formed... life is definately on the bright side or perhaps because I have more light in my i.e. God...??? He's guiding me and I guess I feel His hand holding mine... It's good when He is in control, suddenly there is a direction and a purpose to your life...

I wonder then why do we often go astray? Like myself... I know what it's like having Him in my life and still I let myself slip... being in the presence of God is intoxicating... It's euphoric... and yet we allow ourselves to lose that high...?? It's a good high, followed by a deep understanding of how special we truly are... and we are special... each and everyone of us... some of us can smile no matter the situation and make other smile... happiness can be infectious... and there are those of us... who no matter what can always make sense of utter chaos...

I'm blessed to be with people like that... I have so many that I can't and won't list them... but they know who they are. They make my life bareable... and I love each and ev'ryone of them.

A poem for them I wrote...

Title: For You

When above my head dark clouds gather, and storms are unforgiving,
When shine no more my face can, and shadow rises to take me,
When surrounds me all that have and no path can I find,
Then in my hour need God and you are there, ever patient, ever waiting,

The smiles, the words, the helping hands, the love,
When all else in my life fail God and comrades I will always have,
When all consumes me, only these words do I have for you,
I will say in sweetest surrender, Thank You.

In Christ

Tristan D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home